Trajectory doesn’t have an icebox
The icebox is a place where stories go to die. It’s typically used to hold two kinds of stories:
- Features that need more discussion or planning before they can be started
- Features that are currently out of scope or very low priority
Trajectory has the concept of Ideas. Ideas allow you to have a detailed planning discussion about a feature or set of features. Once the feature has had enough discussion, stories that can actually be worked are created directly from the Idea and the two are linked so information is not lost.
Here is an example of an idea, and the stories on the right hand side that have been associated with it.
Features that are currently out of scope or very low priority should just be placed at the bottom of the backlog. If an item is low enough priority that it may never be done it can just be an Idea or should not exist at all.
With this in mind, the concept of an icebox is unnecessary.
There is a better way to plan and organize your development. Try Trajectory today.
- poussette-canne reblogged this from apptrajectory
- mariuszciesla likes this
- annastiffany likes this
- aparticularpath reblogged this from thoughtbot
- aparticularpath likes this
- thoughtbot reblogged this from apptrajectory and added:
- apptrajectory posted this